Courses and Workshops
Formed in 2012, and located in Chappel, Colchester, it is run by Chocolatier Sarah Knights.
Sarah started making chocolates after completing a professional baking and patisserie course.
Inspired by her experience, she started making chocolates for friends and family and has expanded her knowledge and expertise by attending professional chocolate and confectionary making workshops at a leading international chocolate academy.
“… skilled tuition by a talented chocolatier”
“… Orange truffles which were sublime”
“… Prompt and professional service”
“… Full of flavour, very tasty and so moorish”
- “… Many thanks for the custom Cointreau truffles you made for my wifes birthday. She thoroughly loved them and I even managed to sample one. Would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone who is looking for a special treat.”
- “… Thanks for a great hen party for my sister! We all had a great time making a chocolate bowl and truffles! Highly recommend! They even came up with a vegan friendly version for one of the girls.”
- “Had a great day at the Truffles and Bubbles Event at New Hall Vineyard. We made some delicious chocolate truffles with the help of Sarah and Julia from Chappel Chocolate House and tasted some lovely wines – thanks to Lucy. Would thoroughly recommend this.”
- “Thank you to Sarah and Julia for our fabulous Chocolate Making Workshop for the North East Essex Psychology team! We had a wonderful time tempering chocolate and making some delicious chocolate bars/bouquets! Sarah and Julia were very knowledgable and we learnt a lot about where chocolate comes from and how it is made. A fantastic day had by all! Would recommend to anybody considering something a bit different for their team away days! Thank you!”
- ” My daughter had a lovely time at the chocolate pizza making workshop this morning. They were very busy for an hour designing then making their pizza. I would highly recommend and will be returning to future workshops. Thank you!”
- “My children throughly enjoyed themselves today decorating there Easter eggs!!! Oh my goodness your chocolate is amazing!!! Especially the cinnamon praline, think I’m a convert from Cadbury!”
- “Chappel Chocolate House came to our Brownie meeting this evening. The Brownies loved making their chocolate lollies & pizzas. Thanks to Sarah, Bruce, Lorraine and Julie for a fantastic well organised evening!”
- “Such a fantastic, messy, memorable day. So much fun, and so much chocolate, could a girl ask for more.
Will definitely recommend you everywhere I go.”
Coming soon …
We are really excited to announce that we will be opening a shop and venue at Poplar Nurseries Ltd.
Have you ever wanted to make your own chocolates? Well it’s down to physics and the art of tempering. With the right tools, some expert tuition and a stash of chocolate anyone can have a go and get fantastic results.
At our shop you will be able to buy our handmade Belgian chocolates as well as watch the chocolates being made.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Parties and Childrens Activities
The Chappel Chocolate House runs chocolate making activities, parties, courses, workshops and demonstrations for all age groups within Essex and Suffolk, including Romford, Brentwood, Ipswich, Colchester, Witham, Halstead, Braintree, Sudbury, Bury St Edmunds, Stowmarket, Southend, Rayleigh, Leigh-on-Sea, Hadleigh, Lavenham to name but a few.
Our workshops have been designed to suit all age groups but if you don’t see what you are looking for, they can be tailored to suit your needs.
Corporate Team Building
The Chappel Chocolate House can convert any room into a pop-up chocolate factory and specialises in bringing the chocolate to you and your team.
You can chose to hold your team building event at one of our Poplar Nurseries venue or at one of our chosen locations, Crowne Plaza, New Hall vineyard (we partner with local business to offer packages which will match your budget and size of your team) or we can come to you.
All our chocolates are made in small batches. We have a range of box sizes available. If you would like to purchase some of our delicious chocolates please contact us.
The Choose from our wide selection of chocolates to make up your unique wedding favours. You can use our boxes or choose your own packaging. Please contact us for more details.
Sarah and her team will guide the children through the process of making chocolate. As well as being educational these workshops allow the children to ‘have a go’ at making chocolates themselves.